The Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH) is a not-for-profit institution that is a hub for culture and heritage in the heart of downtown Orillia. Offering exciting and innovative exhibitions, events, programs and activities, OMAH inspires creativity and celebrates local history.
OMAH is seeking energetic and creative individuals that have a passion for art and history to join our educational program instructor team. The ideal candidates for these positions will have experience working with children in an educational capacity and have visual arts experience. Instructors are required to teach programs with both gallery and studio components and should be comfortable instructing students of various ages (kindergarten to grade 8). Hours for this position vary and are based on the number of programs booked.
· Visual arts experience (including experience working with a variety of art mediums)
· Enrolled in or completed college or university-level diploma or degree in the visual arts is an asset
· experience working with children (working with children in an education capacity an asset)
· Ability to consult and adapt the Ontario Visual Arts Curriculum to fit programming needs (K-8)
· Punctual, adaptable and flexible with strong problem solving skills
· Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills
· Willingness to travel (some programs are off-site)
· A valid driver’s license and on-going access to a working vehicle
· Familiarity with area and regional history is an asset
· First Aid Certification is an asset
Please email a personalized cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Community and Visitor Engagement Coordinator
Orillia Museum of Art & History, 30 Peter Street South, Orillia, Ontario L3V 5A9