Become a Corporate Donor
The Orillia Museum of Art & History acts as the steward of the community’s art, history and culture by being actively engaged in the community and responsive to its needs.
Since opening our doors in 1999, OMAH has:
- Collected and conserved objects that best illustrate the heritage of the City of Orillia and its surrounding area. To date, there are more than 17,000 objects in the collection.
- Curated and facilitated contemporary art exhibitions based on specialized themes that are relevant to the community and contextualize our community within current social, cultural and political themes on a regional and national scale.
- Curated thematic history-based exhibitions that are enriched through artefacts from the collection and by stories from the community.
- Provided a variety of interactive learning experiences through interpretive programs related to exhibitions and through education programs designed for school-age children and youth.
- Supported local artists and the artisan community to promote, display and market their work in our gift shop.
- Provided community and area support and services with day camps for children, drop-in programs for families, volunteer opportunities and participation in community forums. Liaisons are formed with provincial, municipal and local cultural organizations to further the awareness, appreciation and
enjoyment of art and history.
- Acted as steward of The Sir Sam Steele Memorial Building, a cultural landmark in Orillia.
OMAH is an essential service to our community. Our job is to hold a mirror up to Orillia and area and to stimulate and guide discussions around culture. We make culture matter. Since we are not bound by a specific area of the town’s history or by a specific presentation format, we — more than any other institution in town — are equipped to reflect the full range of Orillia culture back to itself and to export that vision to other markets. OMAH inspires creativity and celebrates history.
As an OM corporate member and donor you are making an investment in OMAH and our community.
$1,000 PREMIUM BUSINESS MEMBERSHIP PACKAGE
Become an OMAH Premium Business Member and receive all core museum membership benefits as well as:
• Eight membership cards for your employees
• Presence on select email blasts (we have more than 2,500 CASL-compliant email addresses).
• Presence on select social-media promotional campaigns
(We have nearly 100,000 Twitter impressions annually, and over 25,000 Facebook likes annually.
We have an exploding Instagram following.)
• Presence on our website, orilliamuseum.org — where we have more than 14,000 unique visitors annually.
Sponsor an exhibit (logo inclusion on exhibition and related multi-platform marketing materials and private guided tour)
Loan of a work of art by a local artists for a year which includes a customized label.
SELECT LIST OF EXHIBITIONS FOR 2021
We Are Still Here: Deron Douglas
Carmichael Canadian Landscape Exhibition: Tradition Transformed
View from a Canoe: Harry Hall
Immigration to Orillia
Summer in Orillia — On The Lake
Tuesday - Saturday: 12pm – 3pm