Deadline: Monday, September 7, 2021
Jury Results: last week of September 2021
Artists can enter/apply up to 3 times with one work of art/one image for each entry. There is no application fee to enter. If successful at jury, a hanging fee of $35 (+HST) must be paid on or before hanging.
Artwork Dropoff: Monday, November 1, 2021, between 10am – 4pm (or pre-arrange to have work shipped to arrive by October 29, 2021)
Artwork Pickup: January 24, 2022 between 10am – 4pm
Jurors’ Prize – $1500
Kevin J. Batchelor Emerging Artist Award – $1000
- Email and form submissions will be accepted
- Still images must be jpegs not exceeding 1024 (w) x 768 (h) pixels
- Hyperlinking to a specific image file is NOT acceptable
- Animated gifs ARE acceptable
- Video files must be accessible by QuickTime, Flash or Windows Media Player
- Video files ARE acceptable
- Hyperlinking to a specific video file IS acceptable
- Video file submissions must not exceed 3 minutes (exhibited video may be longer)
- Files must not be compressed (e.g. .zip) or in any type of presentation (e.g. PowerPoint)
OMAH is not responsible for submissions that do not arrive intact and in a readable format.
- Complete, and attach Submission Form (Word or PDF) OR fill out the online form.
- Attach/link to digital support material
- Title email: LASTNAME: Carmichael Canadian Landscape Exhibition Submission (e.g. SMITH: Carmichael Canadian Landscape Exhibition Submission)
Email Submission Form and Digital Support Material to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form on our website.
- Exhibition is open to all artists residing in Canada.
- Artwork must in some way centrally address the topic of Canadian Landscape or artistic approaches to Canadian Landscape.
- Artwork must be original AND have been created in the last three (3) years AND must not have appeared in prior exhibitions or events in the City of Orillia.
- Artists may make up to three (3) separate submissions.
- The jury, comprised of active arts and culture professionals, will make their decisions on the basis of digital submissions.
- There are no size restrictions, however artwork must be able to pass through 36” door openings. Due to spatial constraints, only a limited number of larger works will be accepted.
- Accepted artworks must be received by OMAH on or by Monday November 1, 2021 between 10am – 4pm.
- A printed or clearly written identification label that includes Artist, Title, Date, Medium, Dimensions, and Price must accompany artwork.
- Transportation of artworks to and from OMAH is the responsibility of the artist(s). Artwork that is shipped must come with arrangements for return.
- Artwork must arrive display-ready with appropriate hardware. Two-dimensional work must be ready to hang. Photographs should be professionally mounted and/or framed. OMAH reserves the right to refuse work if it arrives in a condition unsuitable for presentation in a museum gallery setting.
- Accepted entries must remain on display until the final day of the exhibition, Saturday, January 22, 2022.
- Artworks must be removed from OMAH on Monday, January 24, 2022, between 10am – 4pm.
- After Monday, January 24, 2022, artworks are no longer insured by OMAH.
- Recipients of prizes will be announced at the reception, Saturday, November 6, 2021.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- Any sales of artwork are to be divided: 60% to the artist, 40% to OMAH.
- Jurying will be a two-stage process. Preliminary jurying will be conducted through electronic submissions in the first week of September. Successful candidates will then be notified by email in the last week of September. At that time, candidates will be invited to submit supplemental information for consideration for The Kevin J. Batchelor Emerging Artist Award. This is subject to change. The Jurors’ Prize recipient will be determined by the Jurors.
- OMAH allows visitors to take photographs in the museum. If artists do not want their work photographed, they must inform the Museum in writing. In most cases, and to the extent that enforcement is reasonable and possible, OMAH will attempt to accommodate artist’s request.
- OMAH retains the right to use artist’s images for promotional purposes related to the current and future iterations of the Carmichael Canadian Landscape Exhibition.