Membership moving forward
With all the excitement surrounding the Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH), our membership benefits have been revised and updated to complement our newly renovated and expanded building. Your membership is vital to the financial health of OMAH while demonstrating a positive message of support to our granting agencies, sponsors, and other donors.
As an OMAH member and donor you are making an investment in OMAH and our community. Since opening our doors in 1999 members have ensured:
- The ongoing development and preservation of the cultural vitality in Orillia and surrounding areas
- The showcasing of regional art and history exhibitions. With new initiatives and expanded gallery space, there is increasing potential to showcase national exhibits as well.
- The support of a range of educational and public programs for children and adults. Now that we are universally accessible we can accommodate children and adults with accessibility concerns.
- Our ongoing success as stewards of the Sir Sam Steele Memorial Building in downtown Orillia.
- The caring and maintaining of over 10, 000 artifacts and works of art
- Continued financial support, which translates into a vote of confidence in OMAH’s future, and a strong voice when applying for financial assistance at the municipal, proincial and federal levels of government, as well as local businesses, foundations, and donors.
Benefits of Membership
- Complimentary admission to gallery events and exhibition openings
- Reciprocal benefits to select Ontario galleries (visit oaag.org for a complete listing)
- Complimentary subscription to the quarterly newsletter, The Muse News, and e-mail updates
- Voting privileges at OMAH’s Annual General Meeting
- Membership pricing for fundraising events, education, and public programs
- 10% discount of Gift Shop merchandise
Other ways to help
- Make a charitable donation to OMAH and receive a tax receipt for the full amount
- Renew your membership and give the gift of membership to family and friends
- Communicate your views about the importance of culture to our elected officials
- Volunteer your time and skills to OMAH
- Encourage attendance at art and history events and support local artists and historians
- Consider making a planned gift to OMAH (contact our Executive Director for details)
Prices do not include HST
- Student/Senior: $20 (Presentation of student card upon membership purchase/ Seniors are ages 60+)
- Individual: $35
- Couple: $50
- Family:$55 (2 adults and 2 children under 13, each additional child is $5)
- Sir Sam's Society: $365 and enjoy all the regular benefits of OMAH’s couple membership program, plus invitations to special VIP events, a $300 tax receipt, and an annual art loan party. To learn more about Sir Sam's Society click here.