Membership moving forward
With all the excitement surrounding the Orillia Museum of Art & History (OMAH), our membership benefits have been revised and updated to complement our newly renovated and expanded building. Your membership is vital to the financial health of OMAH while demonstrating a positive message of support to our granting agencies, sponsors, and other donors.
As an OMAH member and donor you are making an investment in OMAH and our community. Since opening our doors in 1999 members have ensured:
- The ongoing development and preservation of the cultural vitality in Orillia and surrounding areas
- The showcasing of regional art and history exhibitions. With new initiatives and expanded gallery space, there is increasing potential to showcase national exhibits as well.
- The support of a range of educational and public programs for children and adults. Now that we are universally accessible we can accommodate children and adults with accessibility concerns.
- Our ongoing success as stewards of the Sir Sam Steele Memorial Building in downtown Orillia.
- The caring and maintaining of over 10, 000 artifacts and works of art
- Continued financial support, which translates into a vote of confidence in OMAH’s future, and a strong voice when applying for financial assistance at the municipal, proincial and federal levels of government, as well as local businesses, foundations, and donors.
Benefits of Membership
- Complimentary admission to gallery events and exhibition openings
- Reciprocal benefits to select Ontario galleries (visit oaag.org for a complete listing)
- Complimentary subscription to the quarterly newsletter, The Muse News, and e-mail updates
- Voting privileges at OMAH’s Annual General Meeting
- Membership pricing for fundraising events, education, and public programs
- 10% discount of Gift Shop merchandise
Prices do not include HST
- Student/Senior: $20 (Presentation of student card upon membership purchase/ Seniors are ages 60+)
- Individual: $35
- Couple: $50
- Family:$55 (2 adults and 2 children under 13, each additional child is $5)
- Sir Sam's Society: $365 and enjoy all the regular benefits of OMAH’s couple membership program, plus invitations to special VIP events, a $300 tax receipt, and an annual art loan party. To learn more about Sir Sam's Society click here.
What is Sir Sam's Society?
Purchase a Sir Sam's Society membership for $365 and enjoy all the regular benefits of OMAH’s couple membership program, plus invitations to special VIP events, a $300 tax receipt, and an annual art loan party. Already an OMAH member? You can easily upgrade your membership to the Sir Sam's Society level.
A chance to show off local art:
An Art Preview of local artists will be available in Fall 2018 where Sir Sam's Society members have the exclusive opportunity to take home one of the pieces to exhibit in their space for one year. At the end of the loan period, those members have the opportunity to purchase the work of art.
Join OMAH's Sir Sam's Society membership tier for VIP benefits:
- Take home an original artwork and enjoy it on loan for one year with option to purchase
- Complimentary Couple's Memebrship that includes all OMAH benefits
- $365 membership with a $300 tax receipt
Upcoming VIP Events:
November 2, 2018: Exclusive evening event to select artwork
March 1, 2019: Midwinter party celebrating OMAH's 20th Anniversary
July 25, 2019: Midsummer night dinner event at OMAH
Select meet-the-artist evenings prior to exhibition openings
There is a maximum of 40 members this year. Don't miss out!
Other ways to help
- Make a charitable donation to OMAH and receive a tax receipt for the full amount
- Renew your membership and give the gift of membership to family and friends
- Communicate your views about the importance of culture to our elected officials
- Volunteer your time and skills to OMAH
- Encourage attendance at art and history events and support local artists and historians
- Consider making a planned gift to OMAH (contact our Executive Director for details)